Arcimboldo’s Summer

Arcimboldo’s Summer
Giuseppe Arcimboldo (1527-1593) was the master of these pre-surrealist paintings of figures formed of grouped objects (not always food).

Wednesday 2 April 2014

Duchy All Butter Organic Scones

I'm currently addicted to these. They're utterly delicious. Fortunately I've been able to limit my addiction to the breakfast hours...

I slice the scone into two or three segments, toast them and then spread them with coconut oil, which is solid at room temperature and a superb butter substitute — I figured these All Butter scones probably had enough butter in them already. 

Plus the coconut oil is simply delicious. I've got nothing against butter, but it's sensible to limit consumption of animal fats and coconut oil is a tasty and healthy alternative. And in some cases tastes better than butter.

These scones also freeze supremely well. The ones I'm currently tucking into were in the freezer for months and only got dug out because I needed to make room for some Poilane bread. They still taste fantastic.The only consequence of freezing is that they're perhaps a bit more crumbly... So use a sharp knife.

(Image credit: the pack shot is from Waitrose, where indeed I bought the scones.) 

No comments:

Post a Comment